Current Location：Home>>Overview of the Library
Overview of the Library
The predecessor of Jinzhou Medical University was the Liaoji Military District Health School. In 1946, the school was born in the gunfire of the Liberation War in Jilin Province. In 1949, the school moved to Jinzhou, renamed the Liaoning Provincial Health Cadre School, and established the library in 1951. With the establishment, development, rise and fall of the school, Jinzhou Medical University Library has gone through more than 70 years of hard work, experienced a hard and brilliant road to entrepreneurship, and gradually developed into a rich collection of resources and beautiful reading environment. The Medical University library is with complete facilities, advanced management and high efficiency.
The Jinzhou Medical University Library consists of the main campus library and the West Campus Agricultural Branch. The total area is approximately 2,2609.7 square meters. The library implements a fully open management model, adopting the campus card as the management means.
The library has established a document information resource system with disciplines of biomedicine, agronomy, engineering, science, management, economics, and so on. The library consists of rich resources and diverse literature types, as well as more than 1.09 million paper documents, over 600 Chinese and foreign paper journals, above 8.79 million electronic documents, and 26 databases.
The digital construction level of the library is relatively high. In 1997, computer automation management was fully realized. Since 2006, the Huiwen Document Information Service System was launched to realize the modern management of paper documents. The library has realized network information service in 365 days and 24 hours each day, thus teachers and students can fully use the library's digital resources inside and outside the school.